Mille Bureau – Classical Guitarist
- 1989 -1991: Highschool in Maribo – specialized in music. Guitar lessons with father Dominique Bureau.
- 1991 – 1993: MGK in Nykøbing F – music lessons with Jesper Lützhøft, Svend Melbye and Jacob Westh ect.
- 1993 – 1997: Royal Danish Superior Conservatory of Music in Copenhagen studying classical guitar. Lessons with Lars Trier, Ingolf Olsen, Martin Sell, Kristian Buhl and Viggo Mangor ect. Graduation in several fields as: audition, theory, musical forms, music history, baroque guitar, pedagogic and psychology, chamber music, performance, rhythmical improvised music and of course classical guitar. Mille received prices as Maribo’s kultur legat, Jacob Gades legat samt Karen Andersen Rosendahls mindelegat etc.
- 1997 – 1998: Diploma as a classical guitarist, pedagogue of classical guitar and chamber music instruction.
- 1998 – 1999: University of Granada (Spain) studying flamencology, spanish history of music and world music traditions with a scholarship from the spanish ministry of foreign affairs.
- 1999 -2004: Perfection of guitar technique with guitarist Arnaldur Arnarson and Ricardo Gallen at Escola Luthier in Barcelona.
- 2002 – 2004: Postgraduation as a classical guitar soloist and performer at the Royal Danish Conservatory of Music with debut concert in Rundetårn in june 2004.
- 2012 – 2013: Licensed as a Pilates instructor by the “Spanish Federation of Pilates and Tai Chi ” in order to work Pilates with classical musicians.
- 2014: Classical guitar teacher at Guldborgsund musikskole and MGK.
- 2014: Pilates instructor in Fora Fritid
- 2022: Mille finished composing a project of music for guitar, which she will start to perform in 2023.
Mille Bureau participated in masterclass with several guitarists as: John Williams, David Russel, Carlos Bonell, Roberto Aussel, Elliot Fisk, Joaquin Clerch, Luis Zea, Marco Socias, John Mills, Eduardo Isaac, Juan Gallardo del Rey, Leo Brouwer ect.
Mille’s interest for flamenco was born at home listening to her father’s guitar playing and also watching one day Cristina Hoyos dancing in “Carmen” by Carlos Saura. Mille studied flamenco dance in Copenhagen but it was not until Granada in 1998 she really got into it. After intensive studies at “Carmen de las cuevas” and “Peña la platería” in Granada with La Presy and Juan Andrés Maya they gave Mille the artistic name “the danish gispie”. In Barcelona Mille continued flamenco dance studies with La Tani in “Amor de Díos” until the knee unfortunately did not agree in dancing anymore. Mille studied flamencology at the university of Granada and nowadays she gives conferences about spanish national music, flamenco and Al Andalus.
Concerts and chamber music
Mille played a large number of solo and chamber music concerts. During her studies at the conservatory she was a part of the guitar quartet ” Cordes 24″ and played chamber music with flute, soprano and accordeon. In 1998 she performed Mahlers 7´th symphony with the orchestra of Tivoli and the conservatory in Tivoli´s concert hall.
In Granada Mille collaborated with the Argentinean poet Soraya Ciancio about poetry and guitar music from Latin America. In Barcelona she was a member of Luthier guitar ensemble who performed at Barcelona guitar festival and in Gaudí’s Sagrada Familia. She also played in Bureau- Stevy guitar duo with the norwegian guitarist Jan Frode Stevy. This duo played at the festival of guitar and romanic art, Gallery Eude, festival of Ribermusica and national museum of Barcelona.(Barcelona).
Trio Baiao together with José Uribe and Nadim Majure performed at the chamber music festival of Rubi, FNAC, Monestary of Pedralbes and in the museum of Tapies (Barcelona).
With Coldane Guitarduo she performed concerts at the guitar festival of Costa Brava, Museo Nestor (Gran Canaria) and the French Allianze in Cartagena (Columbia).
With Sonor Guitar duo performed at “Instituto Cervantes de Río de Janeiro” (Brasil), Teatro Rondon Pacheco (Brasil), Danish Cultural Institute in Edinburgh (Scotland), Odsherred kammermusik festival, Ankers hus, Århus musikhus and many others.
Mille played a large number of solo concerts in different concert halls, cultural foundations, galleries and churches. In the concert hall of Rundetaarn in Copenhagen she presented the concert “Diversidades del sur” with a spanish solo guitar programme and flamenco dance accompained by guitarist Erik Andersen and singer Thierry Boisdon. In this hall she also performed her debut concert with collaboration of the flutenist Yuri Hashimoto.
In Metronomen (Copenhagen) she presented the recital “Interpretations and songs arranged by Federico García Lorca” with three different ways of expression: Classical voice by Ingeborg Fangel, flamenco voice by Thierry Boisdon and recital by Alicia Fernandez.
Mille presented the project “ drejende krukker” with the artist Karin Sauer, inspired by movements in dances from Andalucía.
She played solo concerts for Maribo musikforening, Center of Manuel de Falla (Barcelona), Fundación Valparaíso in Mojacar (Andalucía) and the Danish Cultural Institute in Athens (Greece) just to mention a few. She has been collaborating with artists like Peter Haubro, Paul Beckett and Sten Havsteen- Mikkelsen.
Mille has a varied repertory of classical guitar music, with speciality in spanish music.
Mille Bureau worked in several music schools and academies in Denmark and Spain: Maribo and Nykøbing F musikskole (Denmark) , Di Aula, Diesi, Escola municipal de musica de Sant Celoni, Creu Alta, Front Maritim and Santissima Trinidad. (Spain).
Mille is licensed as a pedagouge to teach guitar in all levels as well as chamber music instructor
- Conferences about flamencology.
- Conferences about Al Andalus – society and music.
- Conferences about flamenco and it’s influence on spanish national music. “Nationalism in music”.
- “Andalucism in music” conference with concert.
- Conferences about the history of the classical guitar.
- Cultural trips in Granada, Andalucia and Barcelona.
- Personalized cultural trips for firms or schools in Granada or Barcelona.
- Pilates workshops for musicians.
- Gastronomic courses and tapas.